Saturday, September 11, 2010

When I saw the Princess Bella dress at Izzy and Ivy, I knew I had to have it. I just loved the layering and all the fabric involved. Shirring, layers, bows - can you get any more girlie? Plus the pattern is size 2-10. We are talking a lot of wear out of this one. Dress, shirt - maybe even a dress that becomes a shirt. So I bought the pattern, found some cute valentines fabric and set out to make the dress for Princess A to wear to the Disney Princesses on Ice this past Valentine's Day.

The pattern, or I should say directions, are quite easy to follow. This pattern is more or less the directions/measurements on how to cut out all your pieces - rectangles and such - versus a pattern you pin on and trace. I actually marked out the pieces I needed on some large paper first, just because I like to cut out from a pattern piece rather than try and measure fabric.

This was my first attempt at shirring. And I now love shirring. All in all the dress went together really fast. The pattern was even easy enough that I was able to make a mini version for her Bitty Baby Doll - Bee. Princess A was an adorable little doll at the Disney Ice show.

Since February she's worn it a few other times, including this summer as just a sun dress. It has LOTS of room to grow so I think it will fit her for quite a few years (again why I love shirring).




No comments:

Post a Comment