Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Minnie Mouse Inspired Dress

This December we will be visiting Disney. It will be Princess A's first trip to Disney and she is SO excited! I want her to have some special outfits to wear and thought that a Minnie Mouse inspired dress would be perfect.
I started with an idea from a pattern I had on hand, and then drafted my own version. The top has a semi fitted front, and the back is shirred for a nice tight, yet flexible fit. (LOVE SHIRRING!)
Halter tie, large tie at the waist. The bottom has 1" pleats all the way around with eyelet peaking out underneath.
To top it off I had to make matching bows for her hair. She wasn't sure about wearing a Minnie Mouse dress (she's a bit obsessed with Princess Aurora), but after having it on she thought she was pretty darn cute. All in all - a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment